You are here: HomeBlogBusiness BlogK2 Joomla Component Issue with jUpgrade

K2 Joomla Component Issue with jUpgrade

Written by Chet King Ventures
Rate this item
(0 votes)

A client website which I am currently working on migrating from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5 only threw me 403 errors from the front end after migration with jUpgrade.

I had installed all the extensions I needed, and then installed a new template from JoomlaShack. When I checked the front end of the site, something was definitely wrong, so I submitted a help ticket which is included with my subscription plan at JoomlaShack. The next morning I had a reply stating that my problem was probably due to a jUpgrade error. I also had an email from the jUpgrade site stating that a new version of the component was available. So I decided to start over with the migration of Joomla. I completed all the steps (jUpgrade 2.5.2 is a huge improvement), but I still had the same error. I did take a screenshot of an error that came up on the front end as soon as migration was completed. It read Fatal error: Class 'JParameter' not found in ...jupgrade/components/com_k2/models/item.php on line 70. The agent from JoomlaShack informed me that K2 was the issue, so I went hunting for that.

 

  1. I thought that perhaps this linkthis link from getk2.org was the solution, but it did not make the difference for me.
  2. I started to follow the links below, thinking that I would manually need to migrate K2 content using MySQL backups.
    1. Manually migrating K2 content from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7.Manually migrating K2 content from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7.
    2. Backup a MySQL database using SSH.Backup a MySQL database using SSH.
  3. Seeing how difficult that was, I tried this methodthis method from redcomponent.com. It solved my issue! Here are the steps:
    1. I created a new menu with a normal Joomla article as the default page for the site.
    2. I deleted my entire main menu. Quite a pain, but I printed out the page so I could duplicate it.
    3. I switched the new menu item to a K2 item and it worked!
    4. Now the difficult work of creating a whole new menu can go on.
Read 57713 times Last modified on %PM, %17 %671 %2012 %15:%Jul
 

Valid RSS Feed

[Valid RSS]