Step 1 | Creating Event Poster Template
- I mostly use open-source programs for my projects. I used the LibreOffice Writer to create the poster template. (I later wished I had designed the poster in Inkscape or even LibreOffice Draw which would have allowed many more options for saving, exporting, etc.)
- After emailing the first draft to ABT board members, we collaborated to come up with a poster that suited us. Click here to see an image of a completed poster.
Step 2 | Creating Event Poster PDF
- After the board member who was planning the trip confirmed dates and times, he sent me an email with details. I opened the poster template, changed the name of the location and updated the time, and then exported the page as a PDF. Click here to view a completed PDF.
Step 3 | Creating Event Poster PNG
- I use Joomla! with the K2 component to develope websites. Each item in K2 has an image option. I created the poster in PNG for that image.
- To create the PNG, I opened the PDF from Step 2 above in Inkscape. After it opened, I went to File/Export Bitmap and exported the whole page at 900 pixels wide. (The reason for such a large size was so that people could view the poster without downloading the PDF.) Click here to see a completed PNG file.
- K2 also automatically created a thumbnail for the website. You can see the completed page at www.allnationsbibletranslation.org/about/tour.
More On This Later...